Lord Lakshmi Narasimha temple is located at a distance of 60 kms from Kakinada, 20 kms from Rajahmundry and 110 kms Korukonda Temple, an ancient and historical temple, and an important Vaishnava Divya Kshetram,The temple is called as Korukonda `where koru means wish and konda means hill in telugu’. Thus, it is a wishing hill or God who immediately heeds to the wishes of the devotees. The presiding deity here is Lord Sri Narasimha Swamy. Lord is known as “Satvika Narasimhar”, because he is accompanied here by his consort, Maha Lakshmi Devi. There two temples of Lord Sri Narasimha Swamy in this village. One is at the top of a steep and narrow hill adjacent to the village, and the other temple at the foot of the hill Of the two temples, one is a Swayambhu (self originating) and the other one which has been installed. The swayambhuvu is situated at the top of the hill which a pilgrim can access only through a long flight of 650 steps that are very steep and narrow. Because of this steepness, this temple has been called Korukonda.. The Swayambhu deity is situated at about 120 mts height atop the hill. The temple of the deity which was installed is at the foot of the hill and has much sculpted beauty around it. There are number of shila shasanams (scripted stones) which have appeared at the temple as well as on the top of the hill. The temple was constructed about 700-800 years ago by the family of Swamy Parasara Bhattar, as told by the local priests , whose descendants continue to oversee the affairs of the temple as the trustees of this temple to this day.
- 315,028 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- "Swamy Prativadi Bhayankaram Annan" Lord Venkateshwara's Suprabhatham glories...
- ugram viram maha-vishnum jvalantam sarvato mukham nrisimham bhishanam bhadram mrityur mrityum namamy aham
- Jaya Jaya Jagannatha Sacira Nandan. A travel diary to Puri Dhaam
- LORD SOWRIRAJA PERUMAL OF THIRUKANNAPURAM WHO GREW HAIR FOR HIS DEVOTEE
- MUDALIANDAAN .PANCHA NARAYANA KSHETRAM TRAVELOGUE
- At Tirumala .... Lord Venkateshwara Abhisheka vaibhavam ........ VenkaTAdri samam sthAnam brahmANDe nAsti kinchana ...venkateSa samo devo .... na bhUto na bhaviSyati........
- Pandharpur Yatra ..BHAJEY PANDURANGAM- A Piligrim's diary ...
- SWAMY RAMANUJAS "PANCHANARAYANA KSHETRAM " IN KARNATAKA
- Taket ( Nasik ) and Thiruputkuzhi..........Jatayu Moksha kshetram
- Places related to Ramayana............... Lord Sri Rama Anu Yatra- Sri Ramanin Padayil.......
Top Posts & Pages
- Follow kazhiyur varadan's web blog on WordPress.com
Divya desam Divyaleelai Divya Anubhuthee
R.Raghuraman on Lord glorified as Kallar –pira… R.Raghuraman on The soul is for the sake of th… Kazhiyur Varadan on The soul is for the sake of th… R.Raghuraman on .. The divine incident when L… SATYA GOPALAN on .. The divine incident when L…