Lord Lakshmi Narasimha temple is located at a distance of 60 kms from Kakinada, 20 kms from Rajahmundry and 110 kms Korukonda Temple, an ancient and historical temple, and an important Vaishnava Divya Kshetram,The temple is called as Korukonda `where koru means wish and konda means hill in telugu’. Thus, it is a wishing hill or God who immediately heeds to the wishes of the devotees. The presiding deity here is Lord Sri Narasimha Swamy. Lord is known as “Satvika Narasimhar”, because he is accompanied here by his consort, Maha Lakshmi Devi. There two temples of Lord Sri Narasimha Swamy in this village. One is at the top of a steep and narrow hill adjacent to the village, and the other temple at the foot of the hill Of the two temples, one is a Swayambhu (self originating) and the other one which has been installed. The swayambhuvu is situated at the top of the hill which a pilgrim can access only through a long flight of 650 steps that are very steep and narrow. Because of this steepness, this temple has been called Korukonda.. The Swayambhu deity is situated at about 120 mts height atop the hill. The temple of the deity which was installed is at the foot of the hill and has much sculpted beauty around it. There are number of shila shasanams (scripted stones) which have appeared at the temple as well as on the top of the hill. The temple was constructed about 700-800 years ago by the family of Swamy Parasara Bhattar, as told by the local priests , whose descendants continue to oversee the affairs of the temple as the trustees of this temple to this day.
- 369,135 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- The oldest of the Vaishnavaite temples in South ( Older than Srirangam , the place where the famous verse ......Om Apavitrah Pavitro Vaa Sarva-Avasthaam Gato-Aa pi Vaa | Yah Smaret-Punddareekaakssham Sa Baahya-Abhyantarah Shucih” had its origin.... and the darshan of SUPREME LORD that qualifies one to get Moksham....
- SRI VISHNU LOKA MANI MANDAPA MARGADHYAYEE..... RAMANUJO VIJAYATE YATHIRAJA RAJA :
- The immortal banyan tree at Kurukshetra
- Ugram veeram maha-vishnum jvalantam sarvatho mukham .... nrisimham bheeshanam bhhadram mrityur mrityum namam y aham
- KOORESA ...THE DISCIPLE WHO GAVE HIS EYES FOR SWAMY RAMANUJA
- Pillai Urangavilli Dasar the disciple of Swamy Ramanuja .. ..whose wisdom was blinded with deep love for the Supreme Lord.. a divine pastime
- Master !!! Should I let go the water in my palm looking at the clouds for the water ? 'Uuyiya orey vazhhee Udayavar thiruvadi...'
- An Introduction to Kerala Divyadesams. (Malai Nadu Divyadesams)
- .The Temple of Swamy Ramanuja on Tirumala Hills .."MambazhaEmperumanar.".... Throva Bhashyakar ".....
- LALITHA SAKHI:RADHA-KRISHNA'S ASHTA SAKHI and ABHISHEKAM -
Top Posts & Pages
- Follow kazhiyur varadan's web blog on WordPress.com
Divya desam Divyaleelai Divya Anubhuthee
EXPRESSIONS FROM BLISSFUL READERS
Chinna veeranjaneyul… on ” AZHWARS DIVYAPRABHANDA… Manogarie on At Tirumala !! When the screen… Kazhiyur Varadan on SWAMY RAMANUJAS “PANCHAN… DR.R.A.GANESVARAN on SWAMY RAMANUJAS “PANCHAN… Kazhiyur Varadan on MUKTHI DWARAKA (PRABHASA … Raman Srinivasan on MUKTHI DWARAKA (PRABHASA … Revathi on LORD ARRIVES IN THE GUISE OF H… R.Nagarajan on WHEN LORD SPOKE TO HIS DEVOTEE… hari cs on The Acharyar who authored Supr… Thiruvenkatachary Sr… on Swamy Ramanuja’s Eightee…