Today , Panguni uthiram is the most important day of srivaishnavas . Swamy Ramanuja’s prays to Lord Ranganathar and Peria pirattlar (Sriranga nachiar at Srirangam . Lord Namperumal (Sri Ranganathar) and Peria pirattlar (Sriranga nachiar) are seated together. Lord (naMperumAL) is standing majestically as usual and more beautiful and graceful today due to the compassionate looking pirAtti and is enjoying the beauty of Her Lord without taking Her eyes off Him even for a second This was the right opportunity for LokaAcharyar Swami Ramanuja to ask for favors from our DIVINE PARENTS. He submits to the LOTUS FEET through his divine outpourings Gadyatrayam. Swamy Ramanuja worshipping them, submits his deep fear of samsara (association with the body in a cycle of births) and begs the Lord to save him. Swamy Ramanuja surrendered his all to the Lord and begged Him to be his sole savior. In the Three Gadyaas, Swamy Ramanuja’s prayed swamies innermost feelings of deep devotion to the Lord break all restrictions and flow freely towards the Lord and His consort. These are prima facie a spontaneous outburst of devotional experience and not coldly labored compositions. The inner voice of the devotee addresses Sri and the Lord and they do reply clearly through the same inner voice. In the Saranagati gadya, Swamy Ramanuja first addresses Sri as the mother of the Universe, as his own mother, and as the loving consort of his Lord, and seeks her intercession on his behalf. This is itself a saranagati addressed to the mother. Happy at being addressed this, Sri replies ‘So be it’; “let your prapathi bear the proper fruit of being accepted as a devoted servant” The commentators have it that this assurance is not only for the Acharya but for all his spiritual progeny. The boon that Lord granted to Swamy Ramanuja applies to his spiritual heirs. It is worth noting that once he gets the assurance from Sri of her sure mediation, he addresses himself directly to the Lord seeking Him as the sole savior. The LokAcharya then addresses the Lord speaking of His incomparable glory, “His immense wealth, His power, His retinue, His divine weapons, His beautiful ornaments, His loving consorts, of His infinite compassion and other admirable qualities words which are a rhapsody of devout fervor which can come only from the very depth of a realized soul. Swamy Ramanuja holds out prapathi as the highest message he had for his followers.The Sriranga gadyam is a shorter piece and is essentially the same as the Saranagati gadyam. It is addressed directly to Sriranganatha. ” Sriranganatha! mama natha! namostu te” are the words of the acharya. To the seeker of salvation who has taken to the path of Prapathi, it is essential that he should spend his time in devoted service of the lord; in serving his devotees; by meditating on Him and singing His praise; by repeatedly uttering the Dvaya mantra (this is an enjoyable and sweet pastime). The acharya gives expression to all these, briefly, in confidence to the lord at Srirangam. His intention is that this short text may be repeated easily in the presence of the Lord by devotees intent on the fruit prayed for. Check this clip which takes to LORDS LOTUS FEET ..
Adiyen Ramanuja dasan
- 369,511 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- The oldest of the Vaishnavaite temples in South ( Older than Srirangam , the place where the famous verse ......Om Apavitrah Pavitro Vaa Sarva-Avasthaam Gato-Aa pi Vaa | Yah Smaret-Punddareekaakssham Sa Baahya-Abhyantarah Shucih” had its origin.... and the darshan of SUPREME LORD that qualifies one to get Moksham....
- Ugram veeram maha-vishnum jvalantam sarvatho mukham .... nrisimham bheeshanam bhhadram mrityur mrityum namam y aham
- SRI VISHNU LOKA MANI MANDAPA MARGADHYAYEE..... RAMANUJO VIJAYATE YATHIRAJA RAJA :
- Day and night she doesn't sleep , in floods of tears her eyes swim ....
- The immortal banyan tree at Kurukshetra
- Pillai Urangavilli Dasar the disciple of Swamy Ramanuja .. ..whose wisdom was blinded with deep love for the Supreme Lord.. a divine pastime
- KOORESA ...THE DISCIPLE WHO GAVE HIS EYES FOR SWAMY RAMANUJA
- Lotus feet !! tad-vishhNoH paramaM padaM, says the Upanishads meaning the Divine feet are the supreme..
- Your assistants dragged me ! but you honor me ! i don’t understand.....’ Yamadharmaraja replied ‘even I don’t understand your greatness; how can they ? You chanted kriSNa’s name once in your lifetime’ Azhwars says .. .... namanum Murkalanum pEsa, narakil nindrArgaL kEtpa narakamE Svargam Agum nAmangaL udaya nambi
- Master !!! Should I let go the water in my palm looking at the clouds for the water ? 'Uuyiya orey vazhhee Udayavar thiruvadi...'
Top Posts & Pages
- Follow kazhiyur varadan's web blog on WordPress.com
Divya desam Divyaleelai Divya Anubhuthee
EXPRESSIONS FROM BLISSFUL READERS
Chinna veeranjaneyul… on ” AZHWARS DIVYAPRABHANDA… Manogarie on At Tirumala !! When the screen… Kazhiyur Varadan on SWAMY RAMANUJAS “PANCHAN… DR.R.A.GANESVARAN on SWAMY RAMANUJAS “PANCHAN… Kazhiyur Varadan on MUKTHI DWARAKA (PRABHASA … Raman Srinivasan on MUKTHI DWARAKA (PRABHASA … Revathi on LORD ARRIVES IN THE GUISE OF H… R.Nagarajan on WHEN LORD SPOKE TO HIS DEVOTEE… hari cs on The Acharyar who authored Supr… Thiruvenkatachary Sr… on Swamy Ramanuja’s Eightee…